June 25, 2011

Mmmmmmm..... Cookies......

Only 4 weeks to go until this baby arrives, and I'm nesting like CRAAAZY!   It's great in a way, in that I'm getting alot organized and lots of projects done that I normally wouldn't make a priority... and on the other hand, I'm driving myself insane because there are sooooo many things I want to get done, that I simply don't have the time or energy for.  

So yesterday morning I decided to take a break from the dejunking and uncluttering, and make some treats.....




These are honestly the BEST Oatmeal cookies I've ever had.  I can't really remember where the recipe originated, and I've tweaked it here and there to my liking, but this is basically the recipe that my sister and I used when we would bake for the local Farmer's Market years back.   And best of all, there are no freaky ingredients... you should be able to find everything right in your kitchen.


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 1/4 cups soft butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups oats*
1 cup Thompson raisins (more or less, depending on taste)

*Old-Fashioned or Quick-Cook types both work fine... just not Instant Oats!  The cookies will not cook properly, and will end up pretty gummy.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Cream together butter and both types of sugar.  Add egg and vanilla. 
When smooth, stir in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. 
Once combined, it's time to add the oats.  You'll need to stir, stir, stir... it will be pretty thick, but keep going.  Finally, mix in the raisins. 
Spoon out onto a greased baking sheet.  I size mine at about a heaping tablespoon, but have made them as big as an ice cream scoop. 
Bake until golden, and still slightly soft in the middle.  My oven pops them out perfectly at 11 minutes, but you could check on them starting around 9 minutes or so, depending on how your oven heats.





I had a little interruption to my photo shoot.
See?  Toddler approved.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, don't be shy!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...