August 11, 2011

Ice Cream and Cows

The weather here has been just gorgeous the last while.  We've done our best to spend as much time as possible outside enjoying it... as much as you can with a newborn, anyway.  I always feel guilty if it's a beautiful day and I'm stuck inside.  I guess because I know that in about 5 or 6 months I'll be tearing my hair out, going stir-crazy, wishing like mad that I wasn't housebound because of the ice-cold 50km/hr winds whipping around outside here.

All summer, I've been tossing around the idea of getting an ice cream maker, but 1) can't justify the cost of any of the ones I've found, and 2) really don't want to add any more clutter to my kitchen.  Then, I just so happened to come across this super easy (& kid-friendly!) way to make fresh ice cream, over at the 2 Little Hooligans site.  Ice cream made in a freezer bag?!?   Of course I just had to try it.



So simple... and so good!  And sooooooo many flavour possibilities...

<Click here for the recipe and instructions>

I did hit a snag when all my ice melted before it thickened up enough... due to not having as much ice as I'd expected... thank the hubby and his addiction to iced coffees for that one :)  So I had to throw it in the freezer for the last 20 minutes or so, just to firm it up real good.  (As for those iced coffees, I'll share the recipe in a separate post shortly... yum).

And speaking of dairy, yesterday, just driving around, we ran into some stray cows.




I just love how docile and chilled out cows are...



This guy pretty much walked around the vehicle to peek through the window and check us out.

They made me smile and I wanted to share their Zen with you.



1 comment:

  1. thanks for link:) at first i thought those were my brother in laws cows, his are always getting loose:) great blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, don't be shy!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...