September 16, 2011

Random Facts Friday (1)

It feels like winter is sloooooowly creeping up on us.  I had to actually turn on the heat in our bedrooms the last two nights because it was getting a little too nippy for comfort. 

So the deadline for the Knit-Along that I was part of, being hosted by Luvinthemommyhood, has come and gone.  And my sweater is still sitting on my needles, crying out to me to finish her up.  She's about 85% done... and this last stretch is sooooo long.  It seems every time I pick her up to work on her, my little ones instinctively cry out for me also.  And of course, the kids win.  So hopefully, I'll finish this poor little sweater up soon.  She's been sat on, stepped on, peanut-butter fingered, sidewalk chalked up, and now, I'm at risk of running out of wool.  But we're plugging along, and we'll just see what happens.

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm running some regular posting features in hopes of keeping myself on track with all of this blogging stuff.  My next feature is Random Facts Friday, where I'll be sharing - wait for it - - four or five random facts about myself, crafting-related or not.  So those of  you who don't know me, can get to know me a little bit better, and those of you who do know me, well, you can find out some freaky info you may or may not want to know.


Random Facts Friday #1

1.  I'm incredibly cheap.  I rarely pay full price for anything, unless I'm absolutely stuck.  I looooooove thrift stores, antique markets, and yard sales.  I think that's one of the reasons - besides having an artistic streak anyway - that I became pretty crafty.  I just can't justify spending money on most things, and I always try to think of a way I can make it instead.

 ffffound.com via http://pinterest.com/jamppu/

2.  I have a huge girl crush on Les Stroud (Survivorman).  Watching him eat roasted beetles makes me giddy.



3.  I have a serious UFO problem (UnFinished Objects).  I have at least 20 projects that I need to finish up... most of them just need a button or zipper or a paint touch up.  And I just can never force myself to do it.

uppercasemagazine.tumblr.com via  http://pinterest.com/designseeds/


4.  I have a pretty fab collection of Blue Mountain Pottery going on.



5.  I spend far too much time thinking about my plan of action in case of a zombie outbreak.  Maybe that's why I'm so attracted to Les.  He seems like he'd be a pretty adept zombie slayer, as well as a superb post-apocalyptic survivalist.
Hmmmm......

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, don't be shy!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...