October 18, 2011

I'm just so busy because ____________!

I would like to apologize for the lack of art and/or craft related news.  We're currently in the process of packing up to move, and between the chaos that has ensued because of that, and sleep deprivation due to having two little ones in the house, my artistic endeavors have come to a pretty sad halt. 

So my rare alone time uninterrupted time has been spent gleaning inspiration and ideas from others.  Pinterest has become my new best friend.

 And making lists.  Oh so many lists.



However, I don't know exactly when I'll get to seriously start painting, sewing, and creating again.  Our new place needs some work.  It needs some major painting. 

Like, in every room. 

I'm sure most people wouldn't even bother, and just make do.  But I can't.  If the walls were just white, maybe.  But the walls in this place are hideous colours.  Like lemon yellow.  And puke green.  And cigarette-smoke beige.  With 90's wallpaper borders.  Ugh.

And the kitchen countertops... ooooh, those countertops.  They need some major lovin'. 

But on the bright side... once that is all finished... I'll have MY OWN studio space / craft room.  I'm sooooooo pumped.  I can't wait to have a workspace that ISN'T my kitchen table.  Where I can leave a project out to work on without fear of it getting full of smushy fingerprints, or just plain torn to shreds.  Yay!

In the meantime, I'll update you with the progress of my "rental renovations."  We have the rest of this month to get in and get all of the dirty work done before we officially move into the place for November. 

Then, after unpacking, and taking some time to breathe - and drink a few bottles of wine - I'll be able to start creating again. 

Here's hoping, anyway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, don't be shy!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...