December 06, 2011

Treat Bag Tuesday -- Four-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

I do realize that alot of my recipe posts so far have been cookie recipes.  It's not that I can't do anything else... things have just been so busy here lately that I haven't had a chance to experiment much, and have been left documenting what I'm making with my family.  And my family looooooves cookies.

Ruby's gotten to that age where she wants to 'help' me whenever she sees me focused on something.  She's perma-placed one of her stools in our tiny kitchen (which I am constantly tripping over!), and she uses it to peek over the edge of the counter every time I'm in there, hoping to catch me doing something interesting that she can assist me with. 

So every so often, I'll indulge her and let her get right into something.  This recipe is perfect - only a few ingredients, easily mixable, quick to put together, and close-to-instant gratification.  Perfect for me: limited mess to clean up,  quick and easy.  Perfect for Ruby: she can help! and she has a yummy end result.



Four-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tbs flour
1 egg

Cream together peanut butter and sugar, cut in the flour.  Now beat in the egg until well mixed. 

That's all!

Roll dough into 1-inch balls, place on lightly greased cookie sheet, spacing cookies about 2" apart.  Slightly flatten cookie balls with a fork, and place cookie sheet into an oven preheated to 350 degrees. 

Bake until lightly golden and just set, about 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy!

I have dreams of one day trying these with some homemade Sun Butter... when I decide to get spendy and treat myself to a good food processor.  Oh, to spoil myself... ha ha ha...



Linking up to:

Home Stories A2Z
Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, don't be shy!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...