December 27, 2011

Treat Bag Tuesday - Toasted Coconut Mounds

Hello again! 

Wow, I can't believe it's been two weeks since I last posted... oops!

It's just been so nutty around here.  We all went through a round of colds last week, then we had to prep for family visiting, and all of that.  If you follow me on Facebook, you may have noticed that I attempted to make something up for Treat Bag Tuesday last week, which was a total failure TWICE.  Actually twice and a half.  So I pitched that whole attempt out the window, out of total frustration.  Ugh.

So here we are, yay!

For a long time, I wasn't really partial to coconut.  I liked it raw out of the shell, and I love coconut milk (especially in Thai curries, yum!), but I didn't really have much use for coconut baking or candies... then whammo!  I don't know what triggered my love for it all of a sudden.  Maybe my trip to Thailand when I was in college?  My desire to move someplace warm and never have to see mittens again??  Who knows.  All I knows is, I loves me some coconut.



Toasted Coconut Mounds

1 1/2 cups flaked or shredded coconut (I use unsweetened)
1 cup icing sugar
2 Tbs butter, softened
2 Tbs cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbs corn syrup

Chocolate for drizzling or dipping (optional)

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Combine the first six ingredients in a bowl, mix well.  On a cookie tray lined with parchment paper, scoop out small balls of the coconut mixture.  I used my Tablespoon sized measuring scoop.  Press it in fairly firmly so the mixture forms nicely and doesn't fall apart - you may need to tap the scoop on the tray to get it to pop out.  Alternatively you could roll it in a ball with your hands, but this may get kind of sticky. 


Pop into your oven and bake until just golden brown on top and at the bottom edges, and your kitchen smells of coconut - about 5 to 7 minutes, depending on your oven. 

Now take out and let cool.  You can eat as is, or melt up some chocolate and either drizzle on top or dip them right in. 

Delish!!!




Linking up to:


Tip Junkie handmade projects

1 comment:

  1. oh wow... can i have one..? i love coconut.
    ;)

    I’m stopping by from TT & J… and would LOVE for you to come by and link this up at my “Create and Inspire” Party!

    http://www.littleinspiration.com/2012/01/create-and-inspire-party-and.html

    I am now following and looking forward for more of your awesome posts!

    Thanks,
    Angie from A Little Inspiration

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, don't be shy!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...