February 17, 2012

Random Facts Friday (3)

It's been a loooong time since I posted a Random Facts Friday post.  I figured it's about time to get back into the groove. 

So here you are... more getting to know about me!! Yaaaaay!


1.  I once smuggled goods across the border... and no, it's not what you're thinking.  I wasn't a drug mule. 
When I was in college I went to Asia, and I purchased myself a beautiful peacock-feather fan in a street market in Bangkok.  It wasn't until I was in the airport in Chicago (having already crossed 3 borders) that I saw my exact fan on display in a glass case with the sign "Prohibited".  Oops.  The fact I managed to get it that far without it being confiscated still eludes me.  Especially since (or maybe because) I had it in my hand the whole time as a carry-on. 



2. The smell of tree sap reminds me of my dad, and trekking through the forests with him as a kid.  He worked for the Ministry of Natural Resources, and would often take us kids for long walks through the woods, teaching us to identify different trees and plants, and how to find our way through the bush to avoid getting lost. 




3. About 5 years ago, I was the manager of a pool (billiards) hall.  I got really good at pool and used to hustle guys for money at some of the local bars.  Until I started getting recognized, that is. 









4. One of my main reasons for wanting to buy a house in a rural setting is because I want to set up some beehives, and make my own honey.  Both my grandfather and my father are/were apiarists, and I'd love to carry on the tradition.  

photo source

5.  If my feet are cold, I can't sleep.  So for probably about 10 months of the year, I have to wear socks to bed.

photo source
 

1 comment:

  1. Goodness me, thanks SO much for the sweet lil note about my Vintage Kitchen makeover! That was really sweet. I am loving the 'smuggling' part of your story above, how scandalous LOL! OH and you are one brave lady to want to have beehives, I don't think I could do it... but I LOVE me some good organic honey!!!
    Keep in touch!
    XOXO
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, don't be shy!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...