April 03, 2012

Life in the Hollow - Plugging Myself Back In


Some of you may have noticed that it's been a while since I last posted.  Over a month, in fact!

This has been for a few different reasons...

beautiful, irresistible weather...

spring cleaning fever...

and I also have a major project in the works that is taking up a serious amount of mental real estate.

~(details still secret, shhhhhhh)~


Even besides that, though, I actually made a conscious decision to 'unplug' for awhile.



It's easy in the cold, dreary winter weather to grab a pot cup of coffee, plop yourself down in front of the computer, and relax... writing, chatting with friends, and gleaning inspiration from oh-so-many sources. 

Come spring though... I become restless.  I can see my little flower garden crying for some love.  My kids (and I!) want outside.  And for Pete's sake, I live a stone's throw from the water... how could I not want to get out and soak up that gorgeousness??




Also...

sad to say, I was finding myself getting mentally tied down by blogging.  I was actually starting to stress myself out a little, by trying to meet randomly-set self-imposed deadlines. 

Something that I'd started up as a hobby was suddenly starting to seem like work

And work.... well, between a toddler and an 8-month old, I already have enough of that to deal with day to day. 




I made a personal decision to step back for a bit.  Not only from blogging, but from pretty much all online life.  To recharge, I guess you could put it. 
So, I'd occasionally check my email, do a quick check on Facebook to make sure all my friends and fans were alive, and that was about it.

And guess what?

I started painting again... and pulled out my sewing machine... and have been filling my sketchbooks and notepads with ideas and lists of projects! 

Because after all, Market season is right around the corner (eep!) and I need to get my butt in serious gear! 

Plus, I have a higher purpose in mind for Market season this summer - all of my profits from this year are set to fund my previously-mentioned 'Major Project' that I'm hoping to kick off next spring. 

If you check back tomorrow, I'll have the recipe up that I was planning on posting today... but I first felt compelled to explain my sudden absence. 

It's good to be back!



~Raaaaaaaawwwwr.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, don't be shy!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...